Data Engineer (m/f)
foodora – bringing good food into your everyday!
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in 21 countries around the globe. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favourite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We’re currently expanding through Europe, Asia, Canada and Australia and we are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer (m/f) for our Berlin HQ
- Being a member of the data-team, you will be working in a cross-discipline, full stack delivery team focused on one of many core business objectives (such as BI, CRM, Operations).
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing programs & scripts, calling APIs, writing SQL queries etc.).
- Work closely with our other engineers and data scientists to integrate algorithms into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis, automate the analysis and make the results available.
- We use PostgreSQL, Python for Extract/Load, and already working on Map Reduce and Machine Learning solutions (with Spark/MLib).
- You have Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- You find creative solutions to tough problems.
- Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use.
- Automate testing, scaling, maintenance and configuration.
- Strong experience with ETL (ELT) using Python and SQL.
- Experience with real-time processing of large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Enough programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy datasets.
- Knowledge of Map Reduce and Machine Learning with Spark is a plus.
- English langage skills required. German language skills are beneficial but not required.
- A passion for data!
What We Offer:
A modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to amazing restaurants and bars. Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- An empowering, international and agile working environment
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Regular international trips, office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table, table tennis and a playstation room, as well as free language classes and of course a monthly corporate discount for foodora!
Up for a challenge? Apply now!