trivago | Job (Full-Time)
What you’ll do:
Our Data Science team seeks an analytical mastermind to dig into the data of over 1.8 million hotels and develop an automated bidding algorithm that will allow our advertisers to hit their targets on our website. You will push to improve your algorithm’s accuracy and employ the best possible analytics models, always keeping business priorities in mind. The dynamics in our marketplace are constantly evolving, so it’s essential that you develop a dynamic bidding algorithm that reflects these dynamics in order to maximize value for our advertisers.
If you can create the ideal algorithm, keep it bug-free and ensure its smooth operation, apply today.
The ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years’ experience working with data science or machine learning.
- Holds a Master’s degree or Diploma in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or another, role-relevant field.
- Has an exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics and has experience working with both in an either an academic or professional context.
- Has an excellent understanding of SQL and R or Python. Experience with Hadoop (Hive, Impala, etc.) would be a plus.
- Is an analytical genius with the ability to handle and draw insights from large amounts of data.
- Has good communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders.
- Works well independently and can prioritize effectively in order to maximize efficiency.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.
Hinterlasse einen Kommentar